Friday, March 21, 2014

enJoycement

I was born and raised in the wonderful city of Chicago! I am very fortunate to have grown up in a city with such great diversity and have the opportunity to enlighten my palate to the many delicious cuisines this vast planet has to offer.

Over the course of the last twelve years I have lived in six states and nine different cities or towns across the United States. My travels have allowed me to further enhance my palate's knowledge of cuisine as well as experience many of the various cultures that thrive in the United States.

I have worked in the hospitality industry for ten years now with experience in a number of different facets within the industry to include: corporate chain restaurants, mom-n-pop diners, locally owned restaurants, hotels, resorts and a cruise ship. When I started working in the industry I just needed a job and it is an easy industry to access without experience; but as time went on I developed a burning passion for this industry and the opportunity it provides to bring enjoyment and fulfillment to other people's lives. I am a student at Johnson & Wales University studying culinary arts and food service management and I will apply for their MBA program with a concentration in hospitality.

Colorado Coolinary is my quest for enlightenment and enjoyment through hospitality. I will begin with a focus on finding all that I came to love about food and service in Chicago from locally owned, non-corporate restaurants here in Colorado. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all and I hope that these experiences provide you with an opportunity to enrich your lives and enjoy them the way the human race has been since the beginning of time!

~Joyce

2 comments:

  1. This is a great start: I Iook forward to reading your first review!

    ReplyDelete